Are you dealing with emails in your work or business? If your Gmail account is very important in your daily tasks, it is essential that you are updated always. How can you do it with Gmail? It has a feature that you can setup your account to send an SMS alert when someone emailed you. In this way, you can read and reply immediately to important emails. To do it, here are the steps:
- To begin the entire process, it is important to login with your own individual Gmail login details on www.gmail.com or www.mail.google.com.
- Click on the dropdown menu that shows up and click on the “Mail Settings”.
- Additionally, select the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” button and next select “Add a Forwarding Address” website link you see on the web page of “Forwarding” position.
- Input the number of your cellular phone that you have. Type your digit with this style firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Google mail will send you a confirmation email on your own phone. You will need to confirm your digit number is right. Open up the email on your own phone and later on then click the confirmation link contain over the email. This confirmation allows you to let Gmail use your mobile number as a getaway address to send the email as SMS.
6. You could even personalize or filter the emails you desire to be sent in your own phone. You could add the specific email address segregated by comma in the “From:” field. But in case you prefer to receive most of the emails sent out to you, simply input your Gmail address within the “To:” field.
7. You may also utilize “Create Filter” allowing you to only receive emails which you think is necessary or fit the criteria on your phone.
Visit www.gmail.com login page now to start following the steps above.